The Senior Sales Engineer supports our Enterprise Sales Executives, partners and Major Account Managers across the ASEAN regions by owning the technical solution throughout the sales process. This includes initial sales prospecting, attending conferences and MeetUps, scoping and architecting solutions, running proof-of-concepts to prove ROI, training, and evangelising Fastly products in the market. This is an additional hire to complement our existing team in Singapore.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to replace legacy web application security solutions installed in Enterprise companies with Fastly next-generation solutions to resolve speed, security, visibility and release process issues. Familiarity with security proxies, application security monitoring and the concepts of threat hunting would be very useful. Are you studying for a security certification?
With an opportunity to help grow a strong business across ASEAN region, you’ll be talking to some of the largest companies in the region, simplifying web delivery architectures, solving application security problems and making the web a safer and faster place. This role reports to the APJ Sales Engineering Manager who is based in Sydney, Australia.
What You'll Do
- Support a team of sales, account management and partnership colleagues throughout the opportunity lifecycle
- Be the technical expert on Fastly products, understand Fastly’s differentiators and win against our competitor’s products and services.
- Work remotely as well as face to face with customers; Fastly utilises Slack, Zoom, Jira, GSuite, Confluence, GitHub and SFDC as well as a number of sales and marketing applications.
- Keep your technical skills current and report on applicable new technology and technology-related trends, build demos and run your own lab environment.
- Represent Fastly at events and support the marketing team as a technical Subject Matter Expert; take part in online events and conferences
What We're Looking For
- Related professional experience in selling and scoping Internet centric software security products to technical customers and buyers in large distributed organisations.
- Experience working for a vendor or systems integrator in a pre-sales capacity is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate experience and expertise with web applications including protocol knowledge of TLS, DNS, HTTP and request redirection technologies.
- Work experience with more than one of the following:
- Linux/UNIX systems administration, compiling and management of web applications
- Streaming media delivery, Internet WAN networking, building resilient networks
- Configuration automation solutions such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc
- Web Application Firewall, bot mitigation, layered security controls and DDoS concepts
- DevSecOps tools, pen testing applications and web application security frameworks
- Travel often within the region, and to the USA and Australia.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is desirable
- Ability to work in Singapore without sponsorship, please highlight business fluency of languages used in the ASEAN region.
Work Location(s) & Travel Requirements
This position is a remote role and open to candidates residing in the following locations:Singapore (Remote)
This position may require travel as required by your role or requested by your manager.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your needs. Our offerings may vary depending on the country where you work and are subject to change.
A bit about the role:
As a Business Development Associate, you will focus on sourcing and onboarding the next generation of web3 games and projects onto Immutable X. To do this, you will be operating in the fast-paced nature of web3, keeping up with industry news, building key relationships across ecosystem partners and directly engaging in projects’ core communities via Discord, Twitter, Reddit, etc to evangelize Immutable X.
In the fast-moving world of web3, you are comfortable with change, learning quickly, and building the structure and process to enable your success. You are accountable for growing the number of active, qualified leads in the BD team’s pipeline.
You will be reporting into the Senior Manager on the Business Development team. You will work closely across the entire Go-To-Market team while directly supporting the Business Development Managers in APAC and EMEA. You must be passionate about web3 gaming, crypto, and/or digital asset ownership through NFTs. Let’s call it crypto-curious, at the very least!
You will love this job if you want to work on cutting-edge technology, transforming how people own digital assets and want exposure to the most innovative web3 games, companies and projects building on Immutable X.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with the Senior Business Development Managers in driving the early stages of the sales cycle and help with new customer acquisition. The goal is for the Business Development Associate to expand upon ownership of the sales process.
- Grow the number of qualified leads in the Business Development team’s pipeline.
- Work across traditional “web2” channels (e.g. cold calling, email, LinkedIn) and “web3” channels (e.g. Discord, Telegram, Twitter, etc) to reach prospects.
- Qualify inbound lead flow from the website, investor network, partners and customers, etc.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the web3 gaming landscape.
We would love you to have:
- 2+ years of client facing experience (technology is a preferred industry, but also open to gaming, finance, consulting, media/agency, etc).
- A healthy interest / curiosity in crypto, web3, gaming, DeFi, digital assets, etc.
- Exceptional operational and communication abilities.
- An understanding of working in a high-change startup environment. 0-1 operator. Entrepreneurial spirit is highly preferred.
- A hunger to succeed, and an unteachable drive and commitment for excellence.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Experience directly working on, or advising on web3 gaming projects (including launching projects of their own - open for this person to having a “degen” knack / background)
- Familiarity with how web3 native projects and games go to market.
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable X platform team. The goal for Immutable X is to be the leading platform for NFT minting & trading “powering the world of NFT’s”. Our business development mission is to drive sales and growth across key marketplaces and solution providers to be the undisputed leader in scalable blockchain technology within gaming and Web3 gaming.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent
- We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
- While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
- We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
- We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
- Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy.
Helping you thrive
- Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
- Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
- Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most
- New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
- Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday