What would your typical day look like?
- You start your day off with a team meeting (scrum) to track the progress on the team’s different projects and elevate each other by sharing innovative ideas
- Afterwards, you immediately connect with your team to; Map and explore user journeys to identify pain points and friction.
- Following that you start creating a mock up, you present your work to your internship coach and go beyond by suggesting new ideas that are innovative.
- It’s already lunch time! You attend a lunch and learn as you seek to benefit from your colleagues’ expertise
- The rest of the afternoon will be spent working on your main project in Figma.
- The day is coming to an end! You’ve learned so much in a day, you look back and assess your contribution in cultivating excellence, already looking forward to tomorrow! Until then, you join your colleagues for Smash tournament to celebrate your successes.
- You are currently enrolled in a user experience, product design or UX/UI program at the Bachelors or Masters level
- You have experience with Figma
- You have a strong interest or knowledge with design principles
- Strong sense of ownership; always finding ways to learning and keeping up with current trends
- You are proud of what you create; you strive to grow and are results-driven
Do you also possess the following skills? That’s Great:
- You have a previous internship experience in a similar role (UX design, UI Design, UX research)
- Curious by nature, you ask questions attempting to understand what you don’t know
- You take initiatives and work independently!
- Great organizational and time management skills
Why do an internship at Coveo?
An internship at Coveo is an opportunity to be part of a passionate, talented team working at the cutting edge of technology.
This is not our first rodeo! We have been welcoming and supporting interns with us since 2008! It is important for us to support the next generation and pass on our knowledge and good practices to students. You will be entrusted with projects that meet your ambitions and you will be supervised by a coach who will impart to you a wealth of knowledge that only a workplace can offer you. You will of course be invited to participate in all of the company's activities. With our flexible hybrid work model, we will see you at the office twice a week! We can't wait to meet you!
StackAdapt is hiring a Platform Quality Intern to join our growing Partnerships Team. You will be responsible for auditing ad creatives as well as exchange inventory. We are looking for Individuals who thrive at using data-driven solutions to support client efforts to effectively buy advertising through StackAdapt’s platform. You will be reporting into our Senior Manager of Platform Quality. It is important that you thrive in a fast-paced environment and that you excel at working on multiple tasks at once. Ideal candidates are those with an investigative mindset and an extreme attention to detail.
The duration of the internship will be for 8 months. StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in Toronto, ON for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Uphold StackAdapt’s advertising quality and inventory quality standards by auditing exchange inventory to ensure brand-safe advertising
- Address & manage basic requests from our sales team through Freshdesk, and improve internal guidance when required
- Research and analyze advertising laws, rules, and regulations from around the globe
- Prepare comprehensive reporting for all key metrics
- Data hygiene, record-keeping & platform troubleshooting
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or similar quantitative discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, data visualization, and manipulation of large data sets
- Experience with Elasticsearch, SQL, Tableau is a plus, not required
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Investigative mindset and attention to detail
- Previous online advertising experience or interest in all things media is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Fun swag and access to state-of-the-art technology!
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events (virtually!)
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Mentorship opportunities, you will be learning from industry professionals!
What you will do
- Own the execution success of the quarterly roadmap for the Detection Fundamentals team; engage continuously with the Tech Leads to adjust and prioritize current roadmap items according to team’s charter and company priorities.
- Deliver on:
- Business criticality module to automatically maintain precision of the detection engine at both overall and individual customer levels.
- Standardizing and scaling the message decisioning systems as new heuristics and ML detectors are added to the system.
- Cost efficacy projects to help scale the detector decisioning infrastructure costs as the scale of customers and messages processed grow.
- Own both directly customer impacting metrics and system metrics and able to work with the team to proactively identify and repair degradations:
- High Precision metrics for both onboarded and new customers
- Automation metrics for responses to customer specific requirements
- System metrics related to scaling of detectors including efficiency and health metrics
- Own the business logic layer for signal generation for both message metadata/content and current/historical user behaviour, and systems and processes to continuously adapt and improve signals.
- Make sure the team delivers on projects that are set by TLs as part of the technical roadmap.
- Manage the quarterly roadmap updates, project time estimates, weekly sprint planning, day-to-day standups
- Identify risks on project delivery (technical, operational, dependency risks) and escalate to appropriate technical leads
- Able to assess progress in a metrics-oriented manner
- Drive Stakeholder alignment
- (i) represented to the TLs of the Detection Fundamentals team to propose future roadmap items according to team’s charter and company priorities
- (ii) tracked and communicated to stakeholders
- Solicit input from teams that are customers of the Detection Fundamentals team (MD Attack, DSS, GTM etc), and ensure that the input is
- 1+ years experience of managing data-oriented product teams running at medium-large data scale and ability to guide a team technically in this respect.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in engineering preferably building and safely shipping data-oriented products or ML adjacent systems at high velocity.
- Metrics driven culture: Has led a team of engineers in building out systems and displayed the ability to define metrics of excellence and setup processes to continuously monitor and maintain high standards on metrics.
- Be Customer obsessed: Worked with multiple stakeholders to gather requirements and then prioritize and balance against the team's roadmap.
- Set High standards - sets high standards and expectations for project execution for themselves and the whole team.
- Ability to hire and retain top talent
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with ML models, feature engineering knowledge, ML model work
- Familiarity with cyber security industry
- MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering field
Vidyard is looking for incredible talent to join our engineering team and play a critical role as we continue to build and improve our video platform. Our engineering team is composed of generalists who strive to maintain both front and back end expertise. If you are a generalist, who is looking to work on and own full features and make a significant impact during your fall co-op term - we'd love to chat!
Past projects our co-ops have worked on include: revamping our video player interface, developing new data integrations into other platforms, creating new user dashboards and tools, and improving video recording tools. We encourage developers to tackle problems that align with their skills and interests.
- This job posting is for Fall 2023 (September 5th - December 15th) Software Developer Co-Ops ONLY, for all other campus inquiries please send your information to email@example.com.
- This role is remote, however co-ops/interns must reside in and work from Canada for the duration of their term.
- This posting will be open for applications until April 21st. Successful applicants will be notified in May.
To be an effective team member, you will have experience with some of the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails, Node.js or other MVC web frameworks
- HTML, CSS
- MySQL or other relational databases
- Git & Github
- Redis or other NoSQL databases
- Automated testing with RSpec or similar
- Interacting with and building web APIs/services
- Amazon EC2 and Heroku
- PHP, Python or other scripting languages would be an asset
What you'll be doing:
- Provide operational support on campaigns in the StackAdapt platform including managing advertising inventory deals, curating deals and troubleshooting
- Assist the Revenue teams with client requests
- Work with advertising supply partners and publishers and present inventory opportunities to internal teams that will help drive the success of campaigns
- Deliver insights into our partners and be involved in documenting processes that will enhance our capabilities.
- Actively collaborate and work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to help progress projects and team deliverables
- Create and maintain collateral and technical specs
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous relevant experience (internship & co-op experience included) in an analytical role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting analyses to senior stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and diligently organized
- Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Experience creating and building reporting material or marketing collateral
- Curiosity and willingness to learn- you’re not afraid to ask questions!
- Proficiency using Excel and SQL is a plus
- Highly competitive salary
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
As an Associate, you will be supporting our model library by initiating coverage on new companies, improving our existing models to maintain the highest industry standards, and developing knowledge and expertise to support our product evolution. You will be a part of a high-performing team, and have an immediate impact on our business by contributing to our product roadmap, and dazzling our customers.
- Build and support the review of detailed financial models on both existing and new coverage across all global geographies.
- Update models for earnings season.
- Contribute to sub-sector specific and coverage wide model improvements.
- Conduct historical financial statement analysis and future period forecasting.
- Develop sub-sector expertise to support the development of modeling standards, dashboards for comparative analysis, and new model features.
- Document sector and subsector modeling best practices
- Support Analysts in providing exceptional client service to all Tegus clients.
- Conduct other ad-hoc general research and other company due diligence.
- Participate in training new members of the Research Team.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in equity research or equivalent education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or your sector.
- Intense curiosity about both individual equities and the capital markets in general.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong communication skills, team oriented.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong financial modeling skills an asset.
- MBA or Graduate degree an asset.
- Completion or progress towards a CFA or similar designation an asset.
- Leadership experience an asset.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
We’re looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to help drive our revenue planning and forecasting, while owning the Finance relationship with our Sales, Customer Experience, and Marketing teams (the go-to-market or GTM organization). You will be directly partnering with GTM leaders to make timely, data-driven decisions about operational plans and growth initiatives. You will also work closely on a variety of strategic initiatives that impact the entire company. The role will report to the Senior Director.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist with the annual budgeting process, quarterly re-forecasting, and long range planning
- Own all GTM financial and operational modeling
- Act as the trusted finance business partner for GTM leadership on budget guidance, performance management, decision support
- Bring the finance lens to help the organization evaluate the ROI on new initiatives (e.g. pricing strategies, new geographies, new products)
- Own reporting and analysis of SaaS metrics and GTM KPIs internally and externally (quarterly board decks, monthly finance reviews, etc.)
- Continuously monitor, implement, and revise tools, models, and systems to improve finance team efficiency and accuracy
- Collaborate and/or own strategic initiatives as required
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 4+ years of experience in investment banking, PE/VC, or in strategic finance/FP&A at a high-growth SaaS company
- Strong understanding of the key drivers of a B2B SaaS business, including ARR, gross/net retention, CAC, payback period, LTV, and more
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the financial impact of operational decisions
- Excellent communicator with the ability to form collaborative relationships across multiple disciplines and seniority levels
- Desire for continuous process improvement and driving change within a fast-paced organization
- Proven ability to build and improve various types of complex financial models in Excel
- CPA, CFA, or MBA considered a plus
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and a company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
As the Field & Events Marketing Manager at 7shifts, you will play a hands-on role in bringing events to life in order to help grow awareness of our brand. You will be responsible for owning the field and events marketing channel and working towards growing and optimizing it, while working cross-functionally to ensure that departments’ goals are achieved.
We’re building an inclusive work environment that is representative of the diverse industry we have the pleasure of serving and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the marketing team to deliver a comprehensive portfolio of marketing programs supporting all aspects of field and event marketing, including planning, executing, and reporting on the ROI of events
- Drive and grow our event marketing program from the ground up; assessing the right events to attend, building program design, engaging vendors, handling logistics, and driving pre- and post-event marketing tactics
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to determine appropriate collateral, sponsorships, promotions, and staffing for each event. Plan and execute promotional campaigns for each of your events
- Set and track core KPIs that drive results towards our organizational goals
- Measure success by conducting post-event/campaign analysis; report and share results and recommendations with the team
- Build close working relationships with sales, product, partnerships and account management teams to ensure cross-department goals are achieved
What you bring:
- 3-5 years marketing experience, with a focus on corporate field and events programs (ie. trade shows, virtual events, conferences)
- Demonstrated success owning the strategy, development and execution for multichannel field and event campaigns
- Ability to be creative, efficient and productive with minimal supervision or guidance
- World-class organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills, and proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments
- The ability and willingness to travel to executed events as needed
It’d be even cooler if you had:
- Experience ideating and executing unique experiential marketing events
- Experience with Inbound marketing or email marketing
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and colleagues
- Previous experience in the restaurant-tech industry
- Culture: We value authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
- Health & Wellness: Competitive health benefits right from the start including health & wellness spending accounts & parental leave top-up
- Flexibility: Unlimited vacation, one month paid sabbatical on your 5-year anniversary, and flexible working arrangements including remote and hybrid with offices located in Toronto and Saskatoon
- Technology: Apple equipment plus a technology spending account so you have a comfortable place to work, no matter where you are!
- Equity: Equity in a Series C VC-backed SaaS company
- Opportunity: A continuous professional development budget with many opportunities for training & career growth