Jobbatical is looking for Immigration Lawyer/Global Mobility Expert who navigates very well in the UK immigration law.
Our team is on a mission to increase net talent mobility in the world and the best way of doing that is by making the hardest part of relocating to another country – immigration – ridiculously easy.
- Assist and manage relocation cases, including designing relocation process, preparing immigration related documentation, arranging consultants to accompany in-person immigration appointments, communicating with partners, clients, talents, Embassies and Government institutions
- Provide relocation related consultations for clients and talents
- Build and maintain relocation processes, workflows and guidelines
- Assist and manage immigration and relocation-related projects
- Manage the settle-in services (including partnerships and contractors)
- Support your colleagues with immigration-related information preparations
- Participate in sales meetings/conferences/meetings as needed
- At least OISC Level 1 accredited & currently regulated
- Experience in both personal and corporate UK immigration
- Expert in Sponsor Licence applications (both Skilled Worker & Global Business Mobility routes)
- Experience in managing Sponsor Management System as a Level 1 user
- Expert in Skilled Worker & Senior/Specialist worker visa routes
- Previous enterprise client experience preferred.Independent, knows how to prioritize & focus
- Natural ability to connect with foreign talent and empathize with their struggles
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Can do attitude (hands-on), proactive approach
- Experience in a client-facing or talents’ facing position, e.g. HR
- Project Management Skills
Our offer to you includes:
- Great compensation package with company options
- Possibility to work with passionate professionals
- International challenges that grow your knowledge and skills
- Extra working days as annual holiday days
- Any hardware necessary: Mac, headphones, etc
- Flexible Work. Work from home or office
- Annual offsite and other fun events
- 2–4 years of PQE in US corporate law, with focus on startups and emerging companies
- Experience with Series Seed and Series A model documentation, SAFEs, and shareholders agreements
- US Bar admission is preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
- Proficient grammar and writing skills
- Strong drafting skills
- Ability to work harmoniously in a remote work environment
- Provide legal advice and support to startups and emerging companies in the areas of US corporate law
- Draft and review legal documents and memorandums, prepare due diligence reports
- Conduct legal research and analysis
- Stay updated with the latest developments and trends in US corporate law
- Actively participate in team initiatives and knowledge sharing
- Draft marketing materials to promote the firm’s US corporate practice
- Remote format
- Salary based on experience
This position is currently open in the Firm’s Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices, with a possibility to relocate to London, Hong Kong, Singapore, or New York, depending on the candidate’s qualification and personal preference and the Firm’s needs.
An ideal candidate would have:
- a degree from a top Russian university or a leading law school from a common law jurisdiction
- 2-4 years of experience advising on banking & finance mandates gained at a prominent international law firm
- fluency in English and Russian (fluency in Arabic or Spanish would be an advantage)
- good command of English contract law
- a deep understanding of the LMA documentation (experience in LSTA documentation would be an advantage)
- a working understanding of international sanctions against Russia
Admission to practice in a common law jurisdiction (UK, any US state, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, etc.) is a strong advantage but not a pre-requisite to apply. Please note that the Firm expects any Russian-qualified lawyer to become admitted in at least one common law jurisdiction within 18-24 months after joining, in parallel to working full time on the team’s projects.
A successful candidate should be prepared to work with different time zones.
This is a position for a dedicated banking and finance lawyer. However, the Firm also welcomes applications from candidates with other transactional background.
Please send your CV in English to mail. Note that you do not need to be in UAE to apply – all interviews will be conducted by video conference and the Firm will assist the successful candidate with getting a work permit in the UAE.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Junior Legal Counsel to join our legal team. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various legal documents, including contracts, legal opinions, and memorandums. They will work closely with clients to ensure that all contractual agreements align with the company’s policies and legal requirements.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Conducting review and risk-based assessment of incoming contracts (NDA, service agreements, partnership agreements, etc.)
- Amending and drafting contractual templates to accommodate new use cases, products, customers’ requests, etc.
- Communicating with customers both in writing and verbally to negotiate and manage inquiries and issues regarding prospective and existing contracts.
- LL.B. degree in law, preferably LL.M.
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal documents (contracts, legal opinions, memorandums, etc.) in English.
- Good knowledge of the general principles of civil law, corporate law, and private international law.
- Strong integrity, responsibility, and attention to details.
- Professional proficiency in speaking English.
- Previous working experience in a consulting firm and/or an IT/fintech company.
- Knowledge of the common law system (or the laws of England and Wales specifically).
- Familiarity with the principles of AML/KYC compliance and personal data protection.
- Experience with due diligence and transaction support.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation in compliance with your professional expertise
- Working with a product that matters. Our technology helps to protect millions of users and lots of online services worldwide
- International project. Our team works from offices in Berlin, Limassol, London, and Miami, our customers are spread from Mexico and the USA to Hong Kong, South Korea, and Singapore
- Remote first company – work from anywhere in the world
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
BeyondTrust is a leader in Privileged Access Management, our solutions protect global companies from the growing cyber threat.
We're currently seeking a Legal Counsel who will play an integral data privacy role for the legal team. This is a great opportunity for a junior candidate with 1-2 years of post-qualification to fast-track their career working closely with the Sales, Go to Market, Procurement, and other teams to identify and manage legal risk relating to the transactional aspects of collection and processing of personal data in a B2B SaaS based environment.
This is a predominantly transactional role and requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail and communications skills; excellent interpersonal and prioritization capabilities; a commercially focused mindset; and an aptitude for providing pragmatic solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in-house within a global commercial environment and a thorough understanding of the key provisions of cloud/SaaS agreements to be able to independently negotiate with customers and vendors to complete contracts in a timely manner.
What You'll Do:
- Negotiate and draft customer and vendor-facing data processing agreements (DPAs) and Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs).
- Repaper existing commercial agreements, including locating in—scope contracts and drafting amendments to align with new privacy requirements.
- Provide support in handling customer-facing transfer impact assessments and data subject requests.
- The majority of your work will be data privacy focused. The remainder of your time will be spent providing legal support to other areas of the business as needed (necessary training will be provided).
What You'll Bring:
- A qualified solicitor or barrister with a valid practicing certificate.
- 1-2 years of post-qualification experience in data privacy law ideally in the technology, SaaS or Cloud sectors.
- Commercially focused with solid background in commercial contracts and privacy legislation, DPAs & understanding of SCCs.
- Strong understanding of EU/UK privacy regulations including GDPR is essential.
- Knowledge of US privacy issues is preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to translate complex legal issues to a wide range of colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, writing and communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
If you have a passion for data privacy and a drive to progress your career to the next level, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join BeyondTrust’s legal team and help protect our clients' identities and secure a work-from-anywhere world.
Benefits & Perks:
Put your wellbeing first with our amazing benefits package:
- 25 days’ holiday which increases with length of service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and family
- Medicash Benefit (including Dental cover)
- Life Insurance (4x annual salary)
- Income Protection if you are unable to work due to ill health
- Paid parental leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Co-investing opportunity
Algolia is looking to add a corporate counsel with a focus on commercial transactions and privacy to our growing Legal and Compliance Team! The ideal candidate will be a key partner to our Sales, Marketing, Security, Product and Engineering teams and support our growing revenue team, products development, documentation and vendor procurement agreements. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, tech savvy lawyer with a passion for helping a business to scale. This role will contribute to shaping commercial contracting processes and policies, training team members to accomplish the same, impact the development and lifecycle of products and learn and take on new areas of the law.
Your role will consist of:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including enterprise SaaS, software license, data processing agreements, partnership and alliance, consulting, reseller, referral, non-disclosure and other commercial agreements
- Partner cross-functionally with global teams on a variety of commercial matters and vendor agreement review
- Provide internal privacy guidance and to our revenue teams (e.g. data processing agreements, data transfers)
- Provide guidance to Product, Engineering, Marketing and Security on issues related to new and existing products and documentation
- Partner with the extended support team (including sales operations and security) to support and develop processes for contract and knowledge base management
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for business teams
- Manage outside counsel for quality and expenses as needed
You might be a fit if you have:
- Professional level fluency and drafting in English
- JD and member of the Bar in good standing or Registered In-House Counsel
- At least 4 years of experience in the IT or corporate team of a global law firm with training in corporate law; and a big plus for in-house relevant work experience in a growing technology company
- Strong transactional experience with drafting and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS agreements, including in regulated sectors (e.g. public, banking)
- Expertise in privacy compliance
- Excellent legal and business judgment
- Passion for partnering with Sales and closing deals
- Strong communication and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Track record of initiative, collaboration and problem-solving skills
Description - External
The purpose of the Genesys Legal Department Diversity Fellowship (“Diversity Fellowship”) is to identify, support and develop a pipeline of exceptional and diverse candidates who are well-positioned to join the Genesys Legal Team upon graduation and increase awareness of, and support for, the importance of diversity in the legal profession.
Genesys Legal Department Diversity Fellows (“Diversity Fellows”) will participate as a paid summer intern with the Company during their 1L or 2L Summer following completion of their academic year. In addition, Diversity Fellows will be eligible for an award after successful completion of the summer program with Genesys. The purpose of the award is to help pay for tuition and law school expenses, including bar exam preparation and fees.
This will be a remote role. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will work with several members of the legal team across different practice areas.
Eligibility and Selection Process:
Fellows must demonstrate strong leadership skills and a commitment to diversity, meaning a proven track record of activities that promote diversity and inclusion, including professional work, internships, volunteer work, clubs, hobbies, leadership roles, and academic coursework and performance. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the criteria and who demonstrate financial need.
The candidate must be a student at an accredited law school in the United States with intentions to qualify for State Bar Admission upon graduation.
To be considered for the Diversity Fellowship, candidates must submit the following: (1) cover letter; (2) resume; (3) undergraduate and law school transcripts (or the date they expect to receive their law school transcripts if not yet available); and (4) personal statement of 1,500 words or less addressing the candidate’s commitment to promoting diversity, commitment to succeed as a lawyer, personal achievements, demonstrated leadership ability, and interest in working in the tech industry.
The materials submitted should demonstrate:
- Strong academic performance
- Proven leadership abilities and involvement in diversity organizations
- A commitment to community service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Other special achievements and honors
Additional Job Requirements:
The candidate must also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- The ability to lead, inspire and manage effectively.
- High degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to manage strategically and pro-actively.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Understanding commercial objectives and realities, with ability to solve complex problems within such constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within an organization, and with diverse, international personnel from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- The ability to thrive on challenge and react quickly and positively in a fast-moving environment, all without compromising ethics or integrity.
This role has a market-competitive salary with an anticipated base compensation range listed below. Actual salaries will vary depending on a candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills, and location. This role might also be eligible for a commission or performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Telehealth coverage
- Flexible work schedules and work from home opportunities
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Open Time Off in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) matching program
- Adoption Assistance
- Fertility treatments
- Legal support of business activities of the holding in different jurisdictions
- Ensuring that company adhere to a constitution, law and regulations, including GDPR of relevant jurisdictions
- Optimization of taxation of the holding in different jurisdictions
- Juridical conclusions for holding’s activities, including risk assessment in different jurisdictions
- Negotiation, approval and legal support of contracts
- Preparation of corporate documents (statutory documents, agendas, minutes of meetings)
- Updating information about changes of legislation
- Intellectual property protection
- Higher legal education
- Approved good knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Law, Intellectual Property Law, International Business Law, Tax Law, knowledge of CYSEC and Central Bank regulations
- Proven comparable experience (CySEC regulated companies, finance institutions, electronic money institutions)
- Proven comparable experience in legal support of business including experience with multiple jurisdictions
- Proven comparable experience in GDPR
- Fluent English and Russian
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Computer skills
- Really attractive monthly salary paid in line with your skills and experience
- A comfortable office in the center of Limassol
- 25 working days of vacation
- 100% coverage of sick leaves
- Medical insurance for our employees and their families
- Access to professional conferences, industry events
- Corporate language courses
- Evening yoga classes in office relaxation space
- Free lunches
- Different corporate events for employees and their children
- Sports events
- Assistance in relocation and visa processing (if necessary)