The Revenue Management Group is responsible for growing, and strengthening Revenue Management businesses in Lumine Group’s vertical markets. As Group Finance Director you will be reporting directly to the Group Leader and will be responsible for overseeing the financial management of the businesses within the group while assisting them achieve their mandate for sustainable organic growth. This position is right for you if you are a passionate mentor, are results-oriented, have high attention to detail, and can communicate concisely.
This role is eligible for permanent remote work status.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic financial leadership on issues affecting the group companies.
- Recommend and lead efforts to improve ROIC (return on invested capital), working capital, and operating performance.
- Act as an advisor to the group companies’ finance teams to improve efficiencies related to their internal processes as well as share insights and best practices for continuous improvement.
- Conduct situational assessments, identify gaps, make recommendations, and direct the implementations of such changes as required at the group companies to improve key operating ratios.
- Train and coach finance teams within the group companies to ensure they are equipped to follow financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Lead creation of long-range forecasts with group companies and validate quarterly variance analyses. Advise group companies on how to improve their forecasting accuracy.
- Review and perform quality assurance of month-end and quarter-end deliverables from group companies, including submission of consolidated deliverables.
- Act as a business partner to the Group Leader and senior leadership team in supporting the growth mandate of the group.
- Own risk management and internal controls framework, including periodic internal audit spot checks to enforce adherence to corporate policies.
- Oversee financial integration of new acquisitions, including roll out of corporate financial systems, reporting requirements, and governance standards, as well as creation of new bottom-up forecasts.
- Work closely with senior leadership teams of group companies on bids and contracts, to ensure adherence to Lumine Legal parameters and identify potential business risks and mitigation strategies.
- Manage completion of Group level accounting, including transfer pricing, bonus calculations and reconciliations.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations in the industry to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance functions.
- Manage ad-hoc day-to-day issues as escalated by the group finance teams.
- Create and/or lead special projects as required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Proven track record of progressive financial experience in a leadership role and managing a team
- Software industry experience an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and presentation) with internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Works collaboratively by consulting with employees, colleagues, partners, clients, users, and stakeholders
- Ability to handle a demanding work schedule and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Experience in an international/global business, handling multiple stakeholders and currencies an asset
- Strong analytical skills in combination with strategic, action-oriented mindset
- Team player and outstanding ability to work with and through others
- Humility, curiosity, and ability to investigate and learn new domains and technologies
- Has a passion for educating and for learning, is patient, constructive, and positive
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 25%)